The First Laguna Blogging Summit is an open event for the Pinoy Social Media/Blogging community and will be held on August 9, 2012 and August 10, 2012 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the Laguna Provincial Cultural Center in Sta. Cruz,Laguna
For the past years, events like this has become a highly-anticipated interaction venue where famous and upcoming Pinoy bloggers give informative talks. More than 300 bloggers from all over the country make time to attend events like this and with 26 municipalities and 4 cities from the
expecting more. province
According to COMELEC Spokesman James Jimenez " A historical event."
For this event, we already have FAMOUS and notable confirmed speakers who are making a difference in their own way.
Here's the Final set of speakers;
1. RANDELL TIONGSON, RFP® is an advocate of Life & Personal Finance; Director of the Registered Financial Planner Institute
Columnist, Philippine Daily
Inquirer; Columnist for Moneysense
Magazine; Columnist for E-Life; Adviser, Philippines; ; in-charge of
financial literacy advocacy for OFW’s; 20+ years of experience in
the Financial Service Industries – Banking, Mutual Funds & Insurance. Blas F. Ople Policy
2. Charles P. "CARLOS" CELDRAN is a
tour guide, cultural activist, and performing artist; Assistant Director of the Heritage Conservation Society, a non-profit
organization working towards preserving historical architecture. There he
gained experience in directing historical tours, which set the stage for the
launch of his own tour company "Walk This Way" in 2002. In 2005 he
became the owner/director of an art exhibition space called The Living Room.
3. ELIZABETH ANGSIOCO is the national chairperson of the Democratic Socialist Women of the
a forefront activist for women’s right. Her group is one of the main lobbyists
for the Anti-Violence Against Women and their Children Act and the Magna Carta
for Women. Last year, Beth won the The Advocate category of the first Globe
Tatt Awards for her active participation in fighting for the RH Bill. Philippines
4. NOEMI LARDIZABAL DADO is a prominent blogger, a new media publisher, and internet entrepreneur. She started her career at Melleco Foods Corporation as the production and quality control food supervisor for the Van Melle candy line. She worked as a research associate for the UP Institute for Small Scale Industries before becoming an independent real estate broker as president of Lardizabal Development Corporation. In December 2002 she established Globalized Ecommerce Online Solutions which specializes in affordable webhosting services for small and medium-scale businesses.
5. CHUCKIE DREYFUS is a Philippine movie actor and musical composer whose movie-acting career started in 1984 with the movie Idol, in which he played the sidekick of Philippine action star, Rudy Fernandez. He is also the driving force of "CD Sound Labs", his very own digital recording studio founded in the year 2000. What started out as a simple hobby and a makeshift recording studio in his bedroom has turned into his prime preoccupation. Today, "CD Sound Labs" offers full multi-track digital recording at 32-bit processing, 24-bit/192 kHz and higher sampling rates, musical arrangements, commercial jingle production, television/movie scoring and soundtrack, audio/visual presentation, midi sequencing, sound design, foleys/SFX, audio mastering/re-mastering, Album/Graphic Design, CD transferring and CD Duplication.
6 Sonnie Santos - TV Personality and Cyber wellness adviser
7. Juned Sonido- President, Philippine Blog Awards
8. Wenchie Flores Sabban- Congress Chief of Staff and writer
9. Jaypee David - Travel and Food blogger and named by Meet Manila "Empowered traveller"
10. Jinkee Umali- Founder and Digital Publisher of Calamba Online - www.calamba-online.com and Live Life Fullest – www.livelifefullest.com, Jinkee Umali is an I.T. practitioner by profession for almost a decade that runs and owns a family business, VirtualBIZ – www.virtualbizph.com which focuses on developing e-commerce, business websites and blogs.
11. Noel De Guia - BPO Industry advocate and Twitter Personality
12. King Del Rosario - Social Media Specialist
13. Enzo Luna - Publisher of Juan Manila Express; Editor-in-Chief for Social Plus Magazine (digital magazine); A Blogger, Photographer, Traveler and Social Media/Events Specialist.
14. James Betia - 2012 Globe Tatt Awards Finalist and travel blogger
15. Azrael Coladilla - Social Media specialist
16. Jonel Uy - Social Media specialist
17. Janette Toral - a book author, publisher and social media expert and the woman behind the the success of all eight IBlog Philippine Blogging Summit that's yearly held at University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City.
18. Acee Vitangcol - Digital Strategist under ABS-CBN
19. Alvin Cloyd Dakis - Presidential Awardee for Health
20. Fitz Villafuerte - Fitz Gerard Villafuerte is a civil engineer who decided to quit the corporate world back in 2003 to pursue entrepreneurship. Currently, he owns and manages several small and medium enterprises, but mostly enjoys his time trading forex and investing in the stock market while travelling around the country. His blog called Ready To Be Rich, which has already won award. An international finance publication, Wise Bread, has likewise ranked his website as among the Top 100 Personal Finance
blogs in the world.
Laguna (capital, Sta. Cruz) is a province of the
Philippines found in the CALABARZON region in Luzon. It is located
southeast of Metro Manila, south of the province
of Rizal, west of Quezon, north of
Batangas and east of .
Laguna almost completely surrounds Laguna de Bay, the largest lake in the
country. The province acquired its name from the Spanish word lago, which means
lake or lagoon. The city with the highest population (based on 2010 census) is Cavite Calamba City,
while the least population is the . Municipality
Laguna is notable for being the birthplace of Dr. Jose P. Rizal, the country's national hero. Laguna is also famous among tourists for the
University of the Los Baños campus and the hot spring resorts of Calamba City, Pila Town Plaza, Taytay
Falls, Majayjay, the wood carvings and papier mache created by the people of
Paeté, the turumba of Pakil, the Tsinelas footwears in Liliw, the Pandan
Festival of Luisiana, the Seven Lakes of San Pablo City (San Pablo City is the
first city in the province) and Hidden Valley Springs in Alaminos. Philippines
For years, Blogging Conference or Summit were held in different parts of the country but not yet in Laguna. the objective of this event is to bring to the south the best speakers in the Philippines to make Laguna more aware about the advantages and benefits of Social Media. This is also one way to promote TOURISM and that "Its More Fun in the Philippines and Laguna - is one place to spend the fun due to its relaxing weather, hot spring resorts and the sweetest tropical fruits".
This event is still looking for sponsors. Call or text 09213191471 or email to email@example.com
Note: for Press Release